Why work with BC Assessment?
We are connected to our communities.
BC Assessment's core function is to value all properties in British Columbia, creating an annual Assessment Roll, which provides B.C.'s communities with an important foundation for how they fund themselves through property taxation. All the local services and amenities that we use each day are made possible because of BC Assessment's work. That is everything from parks and recreation, libraries, roads, policing and fire departments to public transit, schools and hospitals.
The benefits of our work are all around us and we can take pride in knowing that what we do makes a real difference in lives of all British Columbians.
Our people and culture are important to us.
We work together to create a culture that appreciates differences in all forms. We trust and respect each other, and are invited to bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work, and through our efforts, ultimately contribute to a better British Columbia. Our digitally agile, service-centric employees are productive, engaged, and work collaboratively in a modern flexible workplace.
At BC Assessment, we believe that a strong and healthy culture creates an environment for our people to thrive, and that it delivers value and performance to the people of British Columbia. Our values include:
- We are here for each other
- We own our experience
- We are one team
- We are dedicated learners
Diversity and inclusion
At BC Assessment, we believe that diversity and inclusion benefit all employees and is essential to our success as an organization. It ensures that we are making decisions supported by diverse perspectives and experiences, and that we are representative of the public we serve.
Ensuring that BC Assessment provides a diverse and inclusive workplace benefits all aspects of our business and is important to our people. We will advance our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy to ensure we are an inclusive and accessible workplace. We know that being an equitable employer will lead to greater creativity, boost engagement, and ensure we can retain and recruit industry-leading talent.
Every person and every voice is important at BC Assessment. We challenge ourselves and each other in our learning and behaviour in laying out a safe path to understanding and supporting diversity, and how to continually build a stronger, more inclusive BC Assessment.
Our efforts include:
- Our ongoing commitment to Reconciliation and our special relationships and partnerships in service to Indigenous people and communities.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion Council's mission is to cultivate a culture that embraces differences, promotes equal opportunities, and celebrates the unique perspectives that each individual brings. Through collaborative efforts, we aim to drive positive change, implement meaningful programs, and ensure that diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do.
- Our Women's Network promotes the benefits of diversity, focusing on women, to empower a more inclusive and balanced culture at BC Assessment.
Pride at Work Canada partnership, which connects members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community with BC Assessment as an inclusive employer.
At BC Assessment's Mild Kingdom, we're proud to be one of Canada's most admired cultures. Take a look and see for yourself!