Updating your contact information
Have you recently changed your mailing address? If so, please use one of the two forms listed below to update our records. This will ensure that your next property assessment notice is sent to the correct mailing address.
Change of Address form
This online form (or printable version) can be used to update BC Assessment of any changes to your mailing address. Before filling out this form, please have your
property assessment notice or assessment roll number with you to assist you
through this process.
If you have any issues filling out this form, please contact BC Assessment.
Bulk Mail Code Address Change form
This online form is to be used when the following requirements are met:
- The owner and mailing address is identical for five or more properties throughout the province
- The owner has a bulk mail code
- The owner is requesting a change to the mailing address
Important Note About Utility Billing Addresses: BC Assessment is not able to process requests to change utility addressing. We are only able to process mailing address changes for assessment and tax notices. Should you wish to change the mailing address for utilities only, please contact your municipality or regional district.
Update your property details
You may need to update the details of your property if you have done any of the following:
- Renovated recently. For example, have you replaced your kitchen cabinets;
- Added any new buildings to your property such as a garage or carport;
- Completed any additions to your home such as a new bedroom;
- Finished the basement, and perhaps added a secondary suite.
Step-by-step instructions to check, confirm or correct your property Information
1. Visit Assessment Search.
2. Type in the Address of the property you wish to review, then click on the correct one when it appears below the text box.
3. Hover over the downward arrow to the right of Are the Property Details Correct? Click the appropriate link to:
- Yes, click here to confirm
- No, click here to update
4. Complete the online form. Please note that you will be required to enter a 10-digit CONFIDENTIAL PIN. This can be found on your property assessment notice as shown below.