Local Governments & Indigenous Relations
Our Local Government & Indigenous Relations Department is focused on continually improving our products, services, communications, and collaboration with our Local Government & Indigenous customers. The department optimizes our customer service by engaging local governments and Indigenous communities on an ongoing basis to understand their expectations regarding assessment and property information services.
As a result of ongoing conversations with all our customer groups, BC Assessment has updated our Customer Service Commitments and Standards which are outlined herein and available on our public website.
Our Customer Service Commitments and Standards clearly indicate the level of service that you can expect from BC Assessment and ensure we focus on customer needs as we continue to deliver excellent service to our Local Government & Indigenous Relations.
Holding Ourselves Accountable:
We hold ourselves accountable through published performance measures that allow both BC Assessment and our customers to track our progress in meeting expectations. Our performance measures for Local Government & Indigenous Relations will continue to focus around the specific areas that are important to you:
- Roll Stability
- Data Accuracy
- New Construction
Our Customer Service Commitments:
Open & Transparent
- Explain the process and information used to value properties in clear and simple terms; Provide timely notice of significant changes in property assessments.
Fair & Accurate
- Keep property information current; Make information fully available to ensure property values are fair and accurate.
Timely & Accessible
- Actively seek ways for you to easily access information and interact with us; Provide a prompt acknowledgement and an informed response to your inquiry.
Knowledgeable & Respectful
- Answer your questions & deal with your property-related issues in a knowledgeable & professional manner.
Innovative & Collaborative
Constantly seek new and different ways to assist you in making property-related decisions; Collaborate with you to help us create innovative products and services that meet your changing needs.
- Conducting a review to modernize our service standards and commitments.