BC Assessment is committed to supporting other public sector organizations deliver high quality services to the citizens of British Columbia. BC Assessment currently supports a number of organizations in delivering services to citizens and managing assets efficiently.
|Public sector organizations|
BC Assessment data supports:
|Surveyor of Taxes, Ministry of Finance|
- Production of rural property tax notices to raise funds to pay for services in rural areas as well as collect taxes on behalf of regional districts, regional hospital districts and improvement districts throughout the province
- Administration of the Home Owner Grant program which reduces the amount of property tax payable by eligible property owners
|Public Works and Government Services Canada|
- Determination of Payments in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) which benefit taxing authorities where property owned by federal departments is situated
|Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)|
- Management of expenditures to its service providers by providing land valuation analysis in selected markets
- Administration of the Home Adaptations for Independence (HAFI) program by providing valuation data used to prepare home value limits in determining eligibility for the HAFI program.
BC Assessment is interested in pursuing data exchange opportunities with other public sector organizations. Our goal is to augment our property information data in an efficient and cost-effective manner while protecting the privacy of property owners.
For pricing or other information:
Contact BC Assessment’s Data Services Department:
Phone: 1-866-valueBC or 1-866-825-8322 (local 00118)