Please note: This website is optimized for Internet Explorer 9 or higher. Please consider downloading the latest version, or using Chrome or Firefox.
Test System



Prior to filing a complaint (appeal), use Assessment Search to review your assessment and sales of similar properties to ensure your assessment is accurate. If you still have concerns, we encourage you to contact us before submitting an official Notice of Complaint (Appeal). Please note that the deadline to file a Notice of Complaint (Appeal) was February 1, 2021. This deadline has now passed.

We also encourage you to review the videos about Frequently Asked Questions about Complaints (Appeals) below.

Many concerns can be resolved through discussion with our staff outside of the formal complaint and appeal process. If you are still not satisfied after discussing your concern with us, you may use the complaint and appeal process to have your assessment independently reviewed.

Please note: Due to COVID-19, our Front Counters are currently closed for customer service. We are happy to provide assistance by phone (1-866-valueBC), or electronically, by using our Contact Us form.

The first level of appeal is to the Property Assessment Review Panel (PARP). All complaints (appeals) to PARP must be filed directly with BC Assessment by the February 1, 2021 deadline.

For more information, view the Appeal Guide and information to assist you in preparing for your hearing below. Or, visit the Ministry of Finance website for more information about Property Assessment Review Panels (External)

The deadline to file a complaint (appeal) to the PARP for a 2021 Assessment was February 1, 2021. 

The second level of appeal is the Property Assessment Appeal Board (PAAB). The deadline to file an appeal to the PAAB is April 30 of each year. You must file a complaint (appeal) with the PARP first before filing an appeal to PAAB. For more information, visit the PAAB website.

If you pay taxes to an Indigenous taxing authority, check your assessment notice for information regarding assessment review. The Provincial assessment complaint (appeal) and appeal system may not apply. For appeal information specific to Indigenous communities, review Appeal Process for Indigenous communities.