BC Assessment's Local Government and First Nations Customer web forum,
Corner, is intended to support increased communication and collaboration between BC Assessment and our customers.
You are encouraged as an individual to actively participate in the discussions and information sharing on BC Assessment initiatives and current and emerging issues your organization is facing. Any comments posted on the web forum do not represent the official views of BC Assessment or participating organizations unless they are expressly represented as such, and have appropriate authorization. The web forum is an externally accessible environment requiring authentication via BCeID to access.
By accessing and using BC Assessment's Local Government and First Nations Customer web forum,
Corner, you agree to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- BC Assessment is collecting your personal information for the purpose of providing you with access to the web forum. Members are required to use their real names, job title and the organization they are a part of when posting on the forum. The views and opinions that you post on the forum are your personal information and will be viewable by other members of the forum for the purpose of collaboration and participation. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any other third party or used for any other purpose without your consent, unless authorized or required by law.
- Valid BCeID credentials are required to authenticate user access to the web forum. Consequently, if you require a BCeID, please contact your organization's BCeID Account Manager or the Shared Services BC BCeID
Shared Services BC agents are available to assist you from 8:30AM to 5:00PM Pacific Time and 9:30AM to 6:00PM Mountain Time, Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays:
Canada and USA Toll Free: 1 888 356-2741
Within Lower Mainland or Outside Canada and USA: 604 660-2355
not use the web forum to:
- Impersonate any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, whether living or dead, real or fictitious. Making false, misleading or deceptive representations that you are another person or character can amount to a criminal offence and give rise to civil liability;
- Abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Post information or material that is misleading, deceptive or false;
- Post information or material that is defamatory or libelous, or is likely to damage the reputation of any person, group of people or organization;
- Use insulting, threatening or provocative language or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people, or incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic;
- Post information or material that includes obscene, offensive or inappropriate language or material;
- Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity;
- Post or contribute any text or other material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others or reveals confidential information;
- Spam your contribution by sending multiple copies or versions of it;
- Post material that contains or links to any commercial advertising material;
- Include links to or internet addresses for commercial or private websites, or any email addresses, in your contribution;
- Invade the personal privacy of any other person or groups, and with the exception of the view and opinions you post on the forum, not to post any personal information (such as names, residential addresses or phone numbers), including your own;
- Obscure the origin of any message, or obtain unauthorized access to information or damage, delete, insert or otherwise alter such information with malicious intent.
- The user acknowledges that documents, messages, material and information created, received and/or stored on the web forum may constitute public records under the
(FOIPPA), and may be subject to disclosure requirements under
FOIPPA or in legal proceedings and agrees to comply with any applicable disclosure requirements specified in
FOIPPA or any such proceedings.
- BC Assessment applies a range of security controls to protect its website, network, and devices from unauthorized access, computer viruses, and other contamination. However, the World Wide Web is an insecure network that gives rise to a risk that a user's transactions may be viewed, intercepted, or modified by third parties, or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms, or other devices or defects. Despite its best efforts, BC Assessment makes no warranties that its website, network, or devices are free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
- The user is encouraged to take appropriate precautions to ensure that whatever is accessed, downloaded, used, stored, distributed, or selected from the web forum is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user's own computer system, software, or data.
- Users who are not BC Assessment employees release, discharge, and indemnify BC Assessment and its officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, costs, losses, and damages which may be brought against, or made upon, or incurred by any of them in connection with any;
- Any failure or delay by BC Assessment in enforcing the terms and conditions of access to and use of the web forum;
- Data accessed through the web forum being inaccurate or incomplete;
- Unauthorized access, interception, modification, or use of information that is accessed, downloaded, used, stored, or distributed by the user;
- Interference with or damage to a user's information and communication technology and devices, computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to the web forum or its use; and
- Negligent or unlawful acts or omissions of the user, except to the extent any claim or liability results from the negligent or unlawful act or omission of BC Assessment, its officers or employees.